- 10 oz Wild Veggie Beet Puree (one container)
- 6 oz chopped unsweetened baking chocolate
- ⅓ cup cocoa
- ½ cup avocado, mashed (or substitute coconut oil, vegetable oil or melted butter)
- 1½ cups coconut sugar (or substitute raw sugar, or cane sugar)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup powdered sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium saucepan over low heat, combine Wild Veggie Beet Puree (no need to pre-thaw), baking chocolate, cocoa, oil, sugar and vanilla.
- Stir occasionally until melted.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool to touch (too hot and it will scramble the eggs).
- Wisk together eggs and stir into brownie mixture.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- Stir into mixture and pour into a greased 9” x 13” baking pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Allow to cool. garnish with powdered sugar (optional).
I’d say these were a definite hit! My hubby ate a few before even asking what was in them and was shocked that beets and avocado were my secret ingredients! The consistency was similar to mochi, which we enjoyed, and they were creamy and fudgey. My health-concious mind was delighted that I was able to sneak in a few extra good-for-you vitamins and nutrients without risking the yummy and indulgent taste of brownies.
In the spirit of full disclosure, MomsMeet provided samples of Wild Veggie for me to try. No payment was given and as always, all opinions given here are fully my own.
ga(‘create’, ‘UA-56542884-1’, ‘auto’);