Height: 31 inches
Weight: about 22.5 pounds
Wearing: 12-18m clothing
Teeth: None so far
Six months was a little rough around the edges for us here in the LPG household. H’s teeth have decided to channel their inner whack-a-mole characters and keeping popping out under the skin and then receding back into his gums, leaving my little dude a little fussy, and rightly so!
A few happenings from this month:
- H has decided napping by himself is actually the super cool new thing to do, and is taking 2 beautiful naps a day in his crib! I seriously never thought this day would come, and while there are still some rough days, he generally never fights them, hallelujah. I love the fact that I’m now getting 2-3 hours a day of ‘me time’ to get things done around the house (oh yeah, and eat breakfast, that’s pretty awesome too), but the downside is that I have really missed all the sleepy cuddles.
- He is a rolling machine! No crawling in sight, but my goodness – when he wants a toy that’s just out of his reach, he knows just how to maneuver himself in a roly-poly fashion in order to get it.
- He has started doing this backwards inch-worm move – he’ll be laying flat on his back and then lift up like he’s bridging from his head to his but and he scoots forward that way! It is the most bizarre thing I have ever seen and it totally freaks my parents out, but he loves doing it!
- We have started solids! We’re doing baby led weaning and foregoing rice cereals and purees. (If you haven’t heard of BLW, mosey on over to http://www.babyledweaning.com to see what it’s all about) I love that he has control over how and what he eats and that I don’t have to take any extra time to make his food – he eats what I eat (for the most part)! So far his favorites are dried mango, salmon, and avocado 🙂
- He went to both his first real pool and his first real water park and had so, so much fun. While he’s a little hesitant at first, he loves spacing and talking to the water and is a total fish baby!
- He rode in a shopping cart for the first time, (at where else but Target) and loved being able to look around and talk to everyone he saw!
- H was chosen as a brand rep for MamaSaidTees – an amazing company who is trying to spread love and kindness through clothing. It’s funny, but every time he wears his “Love One Another” tee, he instantly cheers up and we always have a great day!
- We had our “6 month” photoshoot with the wonderful Laken Fulton Photography!
- He is sitting up like a boss! I still have to sit him up, but once he’s stable he’s good to go and can right himself if he starts falling over. It’s incredible to watch him learn all these new tricks!
- He loves loves loves to read!
- I don’t have to constantly be holding him anymore, I can usually get a good 10 minutes of semi-independent play out of him before he needs me again.
- He is a constant chatterbox! Currently he loves making the “t” noise, saying “mama”, “dada” and “baba”, and loves screeching when he gets really excited.
July 15 – 20
July 21 – 27
July 28 – August 3
August 4 – 10
Aug 11 – 14
ga(‘create’, ‘UA-56542884-1’, ‘auto’);