I was one of the lucky people who received the Colgate® Optic White™ Toothbrush + Built-In Whitening Pen from Influenster to test out and review. I was so excited to get the email telling me my Optic White VoxBox was on its way as I am really conscious about teeth in general, my teeth, your teeth, the barista at Starbucks teeth… Really, teeth are one of the first things that people see when they look at you and I think it’s so important to have healthy and white chompers!
When I unpacked the box I was really psyched to see the product – the Colgate® Optic White™ Toothbrush + Built-In Whitening Pen is awesome. You don’t have anything to keep track of, as the whitening pen fits inside the base of the very normal-sized toothbrush. The toothbrush also has special polishing bristles and stain removers, as well as a tongue and cheek cleaner. I used the Optic White toothbrush and whitening pen in conjunction with Colgate’s Optic White “high-impact whitening toothpaste” that claims to be able to remove stains that regular toothpaste can’t and whiten more than three shades, beginning in just one week by using enamel-safe whitening ingredients.
I was skeptical of Colgate’s claim – “Whiter teeth in two days”, and was unsure if they would be able to actually deliver on their huge promise. I began my “journey” the morning of March 6th: I brushed with the special toothbrush and toothpaste, and applied the whitening pen and repeated the steps that night. When I woke up on the 7th, I thought I noticed a difference, but just chalked it up to the fact that I was looking for results and thought it was probably all in my head, so I repeated the three steps again (Brush. Whiten. Go). On the 8th, I just used the toothbrush and toothpaste, and skipped the whitening pen for both my morning and evening routine, as I was even more sure that I was noticing a difference and I didn’t want to overdo the whitening as I have sensitive teeth and gums. By the 9th, even my husband commented on how white my teeth were looking, and the front desk ladies at my Chiropractor’s office told me I had really nice teeth – success! Day 4 I looked in the mirror and there was no question, my teeth were noticeably whiter.
Overall, I was very impressed with the Colgate® Optic White™ system. While I did notice a difference after two days, I would say the biggest and most noticeable difference came during day 4. I can only imagine how much whiter my teeth could get if I continued to use the whitening pen! I am very impressed that by just using it for 2 out of the 4 days, and the toothbrush and toothpaste solo the last two days, my teeth are so much whiter. I am a big toothpaste snob, and will definitely keep using the Colgate® Optic White™ system (which will be super easy considering Colgate and Influenster also sent me a few coupons)! The only change I will make is to use the whitening pen only every so often when I feel like I need a boost.
- The Toothpaste tasted great and left my breath really fresh.
- The toothbrush gave me a really satisfying clean every time – maybe even more clean than my usual electric toothbrush, I really like those special polishing bristles!
- The whitening pen is so easy to use and control. I liked that I could apply the gel exactly where I wanted it, including in between and around the edges of my teeth – places where my usual whitening strips just aren’t very effective.
- The whitening gel dried really fast and actually seemed to stay on my teeth for a while afterwards, even after I drank water!
- After two days of morning and night use, I decided to stop using the whitening pen as it did cause some sensitivity (not really a huge con though, as I have very sensitive teeth).
- You have to make sure your teeth are really really dry when you apply the whitening gel, which is harder on the bottom teeth than the top. There were a few times when I feel like it didn’t adhere super well because as I was going over my bottom teeth, it seemed as though my saliva almost started taking it off.
I’m a very happy reviewer!
Disclaimer: I received these products complimentary from Influenster for testing purposes.
Let me know if you’d like to try out being an Influenster member, and I’ll send you an invite so you can join in on the fun!